- By Dwaipayan, 28 December 2020 | 4 MIN READ
We live in a world of disrupting technologies. Technology has the power to bring fiction to reality. The Fourth Industrial Revolution or Industry 4.0, is responsible for this terrific metamorphosis in the way our workplaces experienced in the previous three revolutions. The future is unseen, yet our imaginations are busy working on new plans and promises.
Here's our list of technologies around the corner that will "possibly" change our lives forever over the coming era and beyond:
• Internet use goes 5 billion worldwide
• The 5G standard is released
• Texting by thinking is under development
• The PlayStation 5 is unveiled
• A cure for malaria
• Mars 2020 rover mission
• The first test flights of NASA's Quiet Supersonic Technology
• The first stem cell therapy for congestive heart failure
• Complex organ replacements grown from stem cells
• 30,000 drones are patrolling the skies of America
• The James Webb Space Telescope is launched
• The ExoMars rover touches down on Mars
• Launch of the Terrafugia TF-X flying car
• Wireless electricity is reaching critical mass
• Male birth control pills are entering the market
• The world's first artificial kidney
• The first Arabian mission to Mars
• India's first manned space flight
• Germany phases out nuclear energy
• The ITER experimental fusion reactor is switched on
• Water is becoming a weapon of war
• Nanotech clothes are growing rapidly in use
• The Dark Ages Radio Explorer (DARE) is launched
• Driverless hover-taxis are operational in Dubai
• Launch of the Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST)
• Laser-driven fusion energy makes progress
• The Aerion AS2 supersonic jet enters service
• Driverless high-speed trains begin operating in France
• First crewed flight of NASA's Orion spacecraft
• Brain implants to restore lost memories
• Borneo’s rainforests have been wiped from the map
• Bio-electronics for treating arthritis are in common use
• Carsharing has exploded in popularity
• Lunar Mission One drills into the Moon's south pole
• The first probe to fly into the Sun's outer atmosphere
• Open-source, 3D printed clothes at near-zero cost
• Wind turbine drone inspection is a multi-billion dollar industry
• 3D-printed human organs
• Solid waste is reaching crisis levels
• Human brain simulations are becoming possible
• The first manned flights from Russia's new spaceport
• High-speed rail networks are being expanded in many countries
• A billion human genomes have been sequenced
• The first test flight of the Skylon spaceplane
From communication networks, sensors, robotics, augmented and virtual reality, blockchain, and AI are all exponentially improving. In a decade, 3D printers, networks, virtual humans, and other technologies under development now will drastically change our world.
Login to leave a comment.
By Dwaipayan, 06 May 2021
Do you have kids interested in life sciences? We asked Akash Jain a lovable father and a graduate in genetic engineeri...
By Dwaipayan, 29 April 2021
In difficult times and strong uncertainty, how can you manage other than simply coping with the situation? One soluti...
By Dwaipayan, 27 April 2021
Doing a little at a time is the best way to reach your big ambitious goals
By Dwaipayan, 24 April 2021
Let’s not waste time and see how best to promote your business online? We’re going to pick up blogging ve...
Every week, access the best reads insights, tips & tricks. Know what's latest in the market. We put together a great round-up of content, including Technology, Management, Meditation, Leadership, and inspiring human achievement stories. Never miss a good read again!
Technologies are ever-changing. We want to keep ourselves updated and not just update software! It’s a relentless chore to sift through everything out the...
R&D challenges in India are deeper: As per all India survey on higher education, 2017-18 by MHRD, only 3.6% colleges run Ph.D. programme and 36.7% coll...
Seminar / Event Date: Feb 05, 2021 - Feb 06, 2021